- IFTTT account with IFTTT App installed on iphone (Not yet tested with Android).
- Fibaro controller available through port-forwarding
- Create Global Variable for User with 2 possible values (aanwezig(=present) and afwezig(=away) or choose your own.
- Create virtual Device with 2 buttons
Choose 2 buttons, choose toevoegen (add)
Change icons (if you want, available on Gateway Pictures).
Change buttons from String to LUA Code
Add Lua Code:fibaro:setGlobal(“Bram”,”Aanwezig”);
This will only set the Global variable “Bram to either “Afwezig” or “Aanwezig” (or “Present” and “Away” if you prefer).
If you want to call a scene directly from this you can add:
fibaro:startScene (<nr of scene you want to start>);
- Save Virtual Device
- Create a user on fibaro with access to only the just created virtual device.
- Create New Applet in IFTTT:
- Search for Location:
- Select Location:
Adjust the location to your liking, do not make the range too small, so IFTTT has time to react.
Click “Create trigger”.
- Now we provide the action:
- Search for webhooks:
- Click “Webrequest”:
- Fill in all the fields as follows:
URL = http://<user>:<Password>@<IPADRESS>:<PORT>/api/callAction?deviceID=<DeviceID>&name=pressButton&arg1=<Buttonnr>
<user> is the user created in step 4
<Password> the password of the above user
<IPADRESS> the external ipadress of the Fibaro controller
<PORT> the port the Fibaro can be reached on (through portforwarding)
<DeviceID> the DeviceID of the virtual device created in steps 2 & 3
<Buttonnr> the Nr of the button to be activated (First button =1, etc)Set Method to “Get”
Set content Type to “text/plain”.
Select “Create Action”.
- Select Finish.
If you do not want to be notified each time the applet runs, turn off notifications
- Your done!
Each time you enter the specified area, IFTTT when it detects this, will send a request to the Fibaro controller, pressing the specified button on the virtual device.
You can of course expand this with exiting an area, etc..