If you would like Vera to work with non Z-Wave wireless home automation equipment (such as the LightwaveRF, X10, etc) then take a look at the RFXCOM USB Transciever 433,92Mhz. This module gives you the ability to communicate with a large number of products that operate within in the 433Mhz range.
Hooking up the RFXCOM to the VERA is not that hard:
- Plug the USB cable of the RFXCOM Transceiver into the back of your Vera;
- Once connected you need to upload all the required device files onto our Vera via Apps / Develop Apps / Luup Files. These files can be found by looking at MiCasaVerde RFXrtx433 Plugin Beta3 Code Page (or download directly here);
- You need to upload every file seperately. Due to the number of files that need to be uploaded you will need to do this in a couple of batches. Make sure to restart Luup after eacht batch (just select the box);
- After the files uploaded, you now need to Create the master device using Apps / Develop Apps / Create Device, and enter the D_RFXtrx.xml file name into the Upnp Device Filename field.
- To setup the serial port, choose Serial Port configuration, where you need to change the speed value to 38400 bauds and also select the device named “RFXtrx controller device” from the field “Used by device”.
- That should be it. Do a “Reload” to make sure everything is reloaded. There should be no error messages and when you go back to your device tab, you will see something like this:
There are already found some RFX devices.